Thursday, February 8, 2007

Things Witnessed On The Way To Work:

-Two speeding cars, in an apparent mutual act of road rage, weaving in front of one another on a snowy two-lane highway. Nice. I had my digital camera ready to take the pictures of both anticipating the moment when they each ended up in a ditch. Alas, they stayed on all four wheels.

-Another car looked like it had its back end blown-out after skidding across a road and into a guardrail. Thankfully, it appeared the driver was okay.

-A line of six cars following a snowplow at 35mph, opting instead to drive on the newly cleared path rather than risk either of the above two scenarios.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to call a plow and see if they will pick me up at work and drive me home.

Anonymous said...

hey swing by and pick me too

Anonymous said...

Better yet get a motel room!

Anonymous said...

As someone who plows for a living, I have to be out in this weather. The roads are horrible. While attempting to get to my customers, I dealt with a lot of people on Higby Road who couldn't make it up the hill between Genesee and Oneida Streets. Then, there are the people who try to make it around a city plow who is taking up 3/4 of the road. Is where they are going THAT important?

Anonymous said...

I work in New Hartford, but live in Dolgeville. Not looking forward to the commute at 4:00!

Anonymous said...

What is the deal with Judd Rd why is not to be traveled?